SILVER SPRING, Md. (WUSA9) -- Several people have been displaced after a townhouse fire Sunday afternoon in Silver Spring, Md, according to tweets from Pete Piringer with Montgomery County Fire and Rescue.
The fire happened Sunday afternoon at the townhouse located at 3808 Gawayne Terr, authorities said.
All occupants were safely evacuated before Montgomery County Fire and Rescue got to the scene, authorities said.
A 34-year-old man was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation, along with a 34-year-old woman.
The cause of the fire was an unattended candle, authorities said. The damage is estimated at $100,000.
Between eight and ten people have been displaced, according to authorities.